Workers Compensation Insurance
McDermott Costa Insurance supplies California workers compensation plans that will provide additional support to your business’ health structure.
Workers compensation protects your employees should an injury occur during the course of employment. Payments are made to the injured party and can consist of medical payments, loss of wages or therapy.
All states require all employers to carry workers compensation insurance and each state has individual laws that must be met. At the very minimum, California workers compensation insurance policies will cover an employee's medical expenses and reimburse him or her for some percentage of lost wages.
Almost all states are "open market", which means the coverage is underwritten by private insurers; and some states are "closed" or "monopolistic" - the coverage is underwritten by a state-sponsored fund (ND, OH, WA, WV, WY). In states that are open, rates can vary between insurance carriers depending on the type of business the carrier is attempting to attract. In an open market, the rates for workers' compensation are competitive.
Employers with one or more employees are subject to the provisions of their state’s disability benefits law. This law provides benefits to employees who may be become disabled because of injuries/sickness off the job or that may arise from other conditions such as pregnancy. Payments for these types of benefits are only allocated for the payment of wages, unlike that of CA workers compensation which provides payment for medical costs.
Rates for California workers compensation policies are dependent on the degree of hazard that each occupation carries. Each occupation is coded and defined by state laws. Premiums are determined by the amount of payroll in each occupation code and is subject to annual audit for verification.
McDermott Costa Insurance offers the following workers compensation services in CA and throughout the country:
- Identifies errors and submits them for correction
- Locates experience modification mistakes and follows up to correct them
- Verifies audit to identify and correct mistakes and errors in preparation for insurance company auditor
- Obtains refunds for "money left on the table"
- Helps employers establish a process for reducing costs and eliminating future errors
- Helps employers in the hiring process, where workers compensation problems start
- Works with the employer to prevent the causes of injuries
- Creates a process to get injured workers back-on-the-job quickly and fairly
- Knows and understands the complicated workers compensation system
Businesses that provide top of the line CA workers compensation insurance will ensure that if any of their workers are injured, they will be properly taken care of and will be able to return to work as soon as possible. Show your employees that their health is important to your business with a premier workers compensation program from McDermott Costa Insurance.
Contact one of our risk management consultants now to find out how effective our policies can be!